For 4 people
This is the ultimate meal when you're hungry and tired, and are looking for Comfort Food. I like to serve this with Naan bread, a wrap or rice. Turn it into an easy soup by adding extra water at the end and some spinach. Finish with a vegetarian stock, and ready!
- Finely dice the onion and tomato
- Drain the lentils
- Put the oil in the pan. Add the Caribbean Indian Spice Paste and onion. Fry for about 2 minutes to release the flavours.
- Add the cumin and lentils.
- Stir fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes
- Flavour to taste with salt and pepper
- Add the spinach at the very end. Gently toss until the spinach has cooked and serve.
- If you don't have fresh spinach, use frozen spinach or even peas.
- For a non-veggie version, add cubes of chicken filet before the cumin and lentils.