This Indo Caribbean Chicken only takes 10 minutes to make. It is delicious by it self, but also a very versatile starting point for dishes like fried rice or Indo Caribbean noodles. If you want to cut down the amount of chicken to use, replace it by firm mushrooms. I only use biological chicken, but to offset the higher price (which is worth it) I add mushrooms to the mix.
- 90 gram Indo Caribbean Curry Paste
- 300 grams filet of chicken - replace as much of that as you like for firm mushrooms.
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon savoury soy sauce
- Spring onion
- Finely chop the onion
- Dice the chicken
- Cut the spring onions and green beans into small pieces
- Heat the oil and add the onion and spice paste. Fry briefly
- Add chicken or veggie chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes on high heat until cooked through
- Add green beans or spring onion and stir fry until vegetables are just cooked.
- For more sauce, add 200 ml of coconut milk at the end.
- Eat with rice or Javanese Noodles.
- Roll it in a wrap or omelet and serve with Surinamese peanut sauce