If you want to eat less meat and cook quickly and easily, I recommend always having frozen cod in the freezer and coconut milk in the pantry. Together with the Javanese spice paste you can put this delicious healthy meal on the table in max 15 minutes. Want to bet that even the kids will suddenly start liking fish?
- 90 grams of Javanese spice paste
- 400 grams fresh or frozen cod
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 100 ml coconut milk
- tray of fried onions
- bowl of Serundeng (optional)
- 50 grams of mushrooms
- 150 grams green beans
- Finely chop the onion.
- Cut the fish into large pieces and spread with some of the spice paste.
- Cut the mushrooms into pieces (optional)
- Wash and chop the green beans (optional)
- Heat the oil and add the onion and remaining spice paste and fry briefly
- Add fish and fry gently until done
- Add mushrooms and green beans and fry 2 minutes
- Add coconut milk and stir gently in the pan
- Close the pan over medium heat for a few minutes until the green beans are cooked but still crunchy.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve in a pretty bowl and decorate with fried onions and Serundeng.
- For more sauce add more coconut milk at the end and possibly sweet and savoury soy sauce
- Make a Javanese nasi of fish by stirring the rice, beans and mushrooms together.